- 1993 – present
- SBN 92210. Criminal defense. State, federal and military courts. Closed office from 2004 to 2006 because of military deployments to Comoros and Iraq. Resumed practice in 2006 with short breaks for international consulting work as shown below. In addition to criminal defense I handle selected personal injury cases and uncontested divorces.
Administrative Law Judge
- 1995 – present
- Contracted Administrative Law Judge for the State of California. From time to time I will preside over court trials involving forced medication of inmates inside various state prisons.
US Army Reserve, LTC (Ret)
- 1987 – 2010
- US Army, 351st Civil Affairs Cmd, Mountain View, CA (2003-2011)
Judge Advocate, Civil Affairs, and Psychological Operations officer.
International Constitutional Law and Electoral Law Consultant
From 2009 to 2014 I worked at times as a constitutional law and electoral law consultant in Afghanistan, Kosovo, Egypt, Republic of Georgia, and Djibouti for US firms.
US Army, Baghdad, Iraq
- 2005 – 2006
- Liaison Officer. Coordinate US military support to the United Nations and Electoral Commission of Iraq during three election events in 2005. In 2006 served as hearing officer for a joint Iraq and US Detainee Release Board. Released from active duty in 2006. Bronze Star recipient
US Army, Republic of Comoros
- Team leader for country survey covering political, economic, and security issues.
Early Legal Career:
Solano County District Attorney, Fairfield, CA
- 1985 – 1993
- Deputy District Attorney. Break in service in 1991 for Operation Desert Storm.
Mossman and Ioakimedes, Vallejo, CA
- 1980 – 1985
- Associate Attorney. General civil and criminal defense practice.
1976 – 1979 Pepperdine University, Los Angeles, CA JD
1972 – 1976 University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA Bachelor of Arts, Int’l Relations
1996 U.S. Army Combined Armed Services Staff School, Ft Leavenworth, KS
1999 U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, Ft Leavenworth, KS
2001 U.S. Army Civil Affairs, JFK Special Warfare School, Ft. Bragg, NC
2002 U.S. Army Psychological Operations, JFK Special Warfare School, Ft. Bragg, NC
United States Supreme Court
Supreme Court of the State of California
Federal District Court, Northern and Eastern Districts of California
Military Court of Appeals
Wrote and Publishd “The Probation and Parole Survivor Manual, an easy to read manual explaining the rules and obligtions of probation and parole, and the mistakes that people make that cause them to violate their terms of probation or parole. The manual offers practical advice on how to successfully complete a term of probation or parole. Available at Amazon Kindle.